The kids and I went to Utah for Spring break. It was a great trip! The only thing that would have made it better was if Gavin could have come. As it was, he had a week of night float and couldn't trade out of it. So at least he had restful sleep with an empty house. Gavin and Andy actually share a birthday, and we thought of him as we were celebrating with Andy.
Andy had the best birthday bash! My younger brother set up a group on facebook a couple of months ago and contacted friends we've known for many years. My parents scanned a bazillion pics of Andy which were displayed oh-so-cleverly by my sister-in-law, as well as in a DVD presentation my Dad did.

My sister-in-law is a mini-Martha Stewart and a great hostess! Don't you love this table display?
Many people who have known and loved Andy came, and we were able to hear a lot of stories and memories by those whose lives he has touched.
My Dad, Andy, and Aubrey during the tributes. So sweet. (He wanted to wear his birthday ribbon and suit to work on his actual birthday, but my mom wouldn't let him. I guess he thought they were his 'birthday threads'.)
At the end of our Utah trip (fun-filled with more posts and pics yet to come), I asked the kids what their favorite parts were. For me, undoubtedly, my favorite part was being there for Andy's party. I love my big brother.
Andy with all 13 of his nieces and nephews. I know you can only see 12 faces--so keep looking! (Taking a good picture of a bunch of little kids is like herding chickens.)
Now THAT is a lot of freakin' candles! I love the reflection of the flames in his glasses. (Notice the pics on display in the hallway.)
If you've ever wondered what black frosting looks like when eaten . . .
Happy, happy Birthday Andy Bear! We love you more than you can know. Here's to at least another 40 years!
2 comments:
briliant ideas for his party! i love the picture thing!! looks like you guys had super fun!! :)
That is really special - what a lucky uncle to have so many nieces and nephews there to celebrate his day! He is obviously very loved.
Post a Comment