Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

As if leaving on our cruise exactly 10 years from our first date weren't enough, I also celebrated my birthday in Italy!

On Sunday, August 30, I woke up here:

Beautiful, artistic, amazing Florence

Then I went to bed here:

Quaint, one-of-a-kind, romantic Venice

But the best part of all was that I visited here:

All I wanted for my birthday was to go to church in Italy. From the moment I walked in the door, I had tears. So many awesome memories of being with the Saints in Italy. I loved it.

And of course it helped having this guy around:

He even surprised me with a special birthday gelato--pistacchio e nocciola! My faves--what a babe!

Yeah, turning the big 3-2 wasn't so bad (or maybe it was 34, or even possibly 36--who's counting?).

{Don't you fret--many, many more vacation extravaganza pics yet to come!}

5 comments:

Honeycombs said...

I have been waiting for some of these vacation pictures. I can't wait to see them all. I have always wanted to go and am still crossing my fingers that I eventually will.

April said...

been waiting forever to see pics, can't wait for more! You should have seen what I woke up to on our birthday, no probably not, it sucked:)

Heather said...

thanks for FINALLY posting this. wow is all i can say. simply beautiful... like you. lovin your outfit+jewlery. you look hot!! glad you made it to church... you made me choke up.

love you lots & still need t0 bring over your b.day gift!!

Kevin and Kristen said...

So Sarah, this post just barely came up for me. But can I just say how jealous I am. It looks gorgeous over there! What a fantastic birthday present!

Tami said...

Looks like lots of fun. Nocciola was my favorite flavor of gelato! I would love to have some of that right now!