How wonderful of a day today is! Your first born! This is such a special day to see your children making the right decisions in life. Congrats to the entire family.
Hey there. I can't believe Aubrey is getting baptized. They grow up so fast. Your kids are too cute. How is everything? We are good. Girl #4 is coming up in about 3 weeks. Aggghh!!!
Congratulations young lady, you have made a decision which has made your parents very proud. Your Great Grandma Myrna would be so proud of you too. Hope that your day went well.
Congrats to Aubrey, she is so grown up! Seems like she should still be in nursery. We just found out we are headed to Madigan in July and wondered if you would e-mail me and let me know if you like your area/ward/schools, etc. and any advice you have. We are excited to see old friends again! My e-mail is breeanashields@gmail.com. Thanks!
Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart."
~Author Unknown
Why Blog?
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of these meaningful and significant things. Some of them may be funny. Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience."
"To you women of today, who are old or young, may I suggest to you that you write, that you keep journals . . . Writing is a great discipline. It is a tremendous education effort. It will assist you in various ways, and you will bless the lives of many--now and in the years to come, as you put on paper some of your experiences and some of your musings."
~President Gordon B. Hinckley~
Our little lovies
The Dreamer
May all her Princess dreams--er, I mean Hannah Montana dreams come true
The Shaker
Groovin' his thang and shaking up some love and laughter in our home
The Baby Mess Maker
And who could resist? What a sweet bundle of pure joy!
Aubrey to me while driving in the car: "Mommy! I just frowed up a little in my mouth and when I swallowed it back down it did NOT taste gooder as the other ones."
Lincoln to Gav: "You are the super-est daddy ever and mommy is the super-est mommy, and Jace is the super-est . . . kid. And dat means that we are a super famawee."
And on a not so super moment after Lincoln recived a swat on his hand, Lincoln says to me: "Mommy, daddy panked me!" I reply, "Why did he spank you, Linc? Did you disobey?" And his rebuttal with a scowl on his face (of course), "No, because he is a wude daddy!"
Aubrey checked out a book about mummies and ancient Egypt from her school library. She has been completely enthralled. If this fascination lasts, maybe she'll be an archealogist when she grows up. At one point while reading, she asked me, "Mommy, why do they call them mummies and not deaddies?" I don't think she knew she was making a pun.
Aubrey asked me what 'CD' meant, so I told her, 'compact disc.' A: Why do they call it a compact disc? Me: Because when mommy was a little girl they had records, which were this big (showing with my hands); then they came out with CDs, which are smaller, so they're called 'compact discs.' A: Oh, mommy, so you lived in the old days.
(What?!? My mom lived in the old days, not me.)
Story Time
Lincoln was so cute reading to Jace the other day. I just had to snap this picture . . .
. . . then I remembered that I had a similar picture of Aubrey reading to Lincoln when he was about the same age. What fun!
By Invitation Only (everyone else is in 'google reader')
Sleep away or slave away? When the boys are napping and Aubrey is in school, should Sarah take a quick snooze or do housework?
Who wakes up first?
So I'm lying in bed this morning, trying to remember my younger years. As far back as I can remember, my mom was awake before we were. Maybe she never slept. Now that I'm a mom, I'm not nearly as good as she was. Jace wakes up for a bottle (which is when I get up, but I take him back to bed to feed him usually); followed by Lincoln who sees daylight and says it's 'wake-up time' (even though I try to convince him otherwise); then Aubrey moseys on out whenever she has had enough beauty sleep (provided Lincoln hasn't already made too much noise). I wish I could wake up first, but for now, my kids are my alarms.
Who wakes up first in your house?
What should I be looking forward to most on my 4-day hiatus sans kiddos?
12 comments:
hahaha!
love the invite. see ya then.
loves.
AWESOME! Elle was just Baptized last Saturday! Congrats!!!
You should tell her that after she's baptized you'll have to keep a tally... and then start keeping check marks on a chalkboard...
How wonderful of a day today is! Your first born! This is such a special day to see your children making the right decisions in life. Congrats to the entire family.
Hope everything went smoothly this morning. Such a special day. I always tear up at the primary baptisms. Miss you guys! wish we could've been there.
Hey there. I can't believe Aubrey is getting baptized. They grow up so fast. Your kids are too cute. How is everything? We are good. Girl #4 is coming up in about 3 weeks. Aggghh!!!
Congrats Aubrey!!! That is so exciting. What an awesome day it must ahve been yesterday.
Congratulations Aubrey. Wish we could have been there.
Congratulations young lady, you have made a decision which has made your parents very proud. Your Great Grandma Myrna would be so proud of you too. Hope that your day went well.
Love, Aunt Linda from Lompoc, CA
congratulations Audbrey! I bet you looked beautiful. I love your invitation!
Congratulations Aubrey! Cute picture!
Hi Sarah,
Congrats to Aubrey, she is so grown up! Seems like she should still be in nursery. We just found out we are headed to Madigan in July and wondered if you would e-mail me and let me know if you like your area/ward/schools, etc. and any advice you have. We are excited to see old friends again! My e-mail is breeanashields@gmail.com. Thanks!
Post a Comment