We arrived in Rome on August 15 and boarded the cruise on the 17th. We had about 2 1/2 days to cram in the biggest and best that the Eternal City had to offer.
After Wayne, Sherra, and I made it to our hotel, we decided to rest a bit and get cleaned up, then take in a few sights. We underestimated our jet lag, because our short cat naps turned into several hours. It felt sooooo good to get some sleep! We spoke with the hotel clerk who recommended a nearby restaurant, and then it was a short walk to Trevi Fountain.
Gavin still had not arrived, but he came in sometime while we were at dinner. We walked to the fountain, threw in our obligatory coins, and enjoyed some gelato.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Roma!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lucky lucky girl!!!!! I hope you had the greatest of great times!!!
Wahoo! I'm so glad to finally hear more about your amazing vacation!
You threw me off. For a minute I thought you went again. Surely you have more to post on the journey than this??? Can I expect follow-up posts? And don't say gelato. I am wanting some. So delicious.
Post a Comment