Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Aaaa-oooo! The wolf is coming!!


Words cannot describe how excited we are for the opening of Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound, WA--a short 30 minute drive from our home. (We've already driven it to check on the progess as it has been built.) Aubrey even devised her own good behavior checklist and is checking off little boxes for the 'jobs' she's done to earn a night at GWL.

We have reservations in May, and we might try to sneak in another adventure before that. We first visited GWL in Williamsburg, VA three years ago and lo-oved it! It's a genius resort where kids and parents can have a blast, and then the kiddos sleep like logs because they are just too pooped to pop.

When Gavin was interviewing for residency at Madigan, we received our GWL newsletter in the mail (yes, we are on the subscriber list), and saw that one was being built in western Washington. Right then and there, we knew WA would be our new home. These pics are from our first experience at the lodge. It is soooo fun!

In addition to the water park (which is incredible), there is also a spa, arcade, kids club (crafts, games, etc. for little ones), and animatronics show with story time morning and evening. Oh yeah, and good restaurants too. Check it out at http://www.greatwolflodge.com/, and maybe you'll join us Mother's Day weekend.



10 comments:

Heather said...

Sarah count me in!! Me & you will need to take the kiddos one afternoon and have a GDO {girls day out}! It looks so fun!
missin ya~

Fisher Family said...

Sarah! great to see you in the blogging world. I keep seeing comercials and think that looks like an awesome place to go. Hmmm maybe we'll take off Mother's day weekend too.

Dents said...

It is about time washington gets an indoor recreation center. That sounds like a fun place. I like your blog. The pictures are really cute.

An amazingly handsome couple with their even more beautiful children, if possible, and their daily adventures. said...

Glad to have found you through cyberspace. Love seeing your family and hope you're all doing well! I will check in often! Andrea

jbel said...

Hey-just found your site from your comment on April's blog. Great to see you guys and what you've been up to. I cannot believe how much the kids have grown. Glad you're likin' life in Wa.

April Cobb said...

That sounds awesome. It would do well in Utah.

Jamie C. said...

Excuse, Sarah Arnett, you have a blog? Why I'm I just now finding you? (even though you live around the corner) Yeah, this will be fun! You're so funny, I can't wait to read up on your everyday happenings!

Lynn said...

Well I guess I can add this to the list of pros for WA...who needs beautiful beaches 5 minutes away when you've Great Wolf Lodge. Can't wait to check it out.

Natalie C. said...

Sarah, yes I most definitely remember you! There is something about running a turkey trot that bonds people together. :) Your kids are so cute. This looks like a really fun blog.

About Great Wolf Lodge, what a fun place it looks like. A lot of families in our ward have gone to the one in Williamsburg, VA. My husband has a hard time spending any $ on vacations. Boo hoo. But maybe one year I can talk him into it.

April said...

Didn't know you were blogging. Hope you don't mind if I check in more often. We had to go private due to some idiots at Tyler's work. I'll send you an invite. We too want to check out that lodge. Hopefully before prices skyrocket.