So this thing is totally not my friend now. I didn't buy a Mac to have computer problems. I thought Macs weren't supposed to do that. My parents have never owned a PC (only Macs), and they've also never had problems. Just my luck, I guess.
And isn't it ironic that my HARD DRIVE (yes, like the most important part of the entire system) would go out exactly one day after my 90 day free tech-support ended?!? Of course. And of course the nearest Apple store is in Tukwila which takes about 1/2 tank of gas round trip. And of course even a new hard drive hasn't fixed the problem. I still can't use iTunes or load photos or even stay logged into gmail (it keeps kicking me out--but my PC doesn't).
I'm sure the nice people at the Apple store will get me in tip top shape before long, but it might have to be the Apple store in Salt Lake when I'm there next week. At least that store is reasonably close to my parent's house, and at least then I'll have help with the kiddos. Somehow a whole display of iPods and iPhones and iTV isn't the best place for my sweet little explorers, especially while I'm stuck at the 'genius bar' with a not-so-genius trying to figure out how I got a lemon for a computer.
In the mean time, forgive my lack of posts and know that it isn't for lack of trying. Computers and me just don't get along.

7 comments:
you make me laugh! sorry i don't mean to take pleasure in your misery, but you just crack me up:)
Something about your computer being on the fritz reminds me of old times. And if you want some sympathy, I'm with you girl. We're out A/C! I only wish we could get that at the apple store.
Wah! I was without a computer once and almost lost my mind--I couldn't do banking, look up recipes, or find anyone's address/phone number. Heaven help us all when computers die!
(I agree--I'd wait until UT, also, because taking little ones into gadget stores is never a good idea!)
Ohhh Maaan! That sucks and I can feel your pain. Not having my computer would put me in the depths of despair! Let my house fall down around me, but keeping me from being able to check my email and blog comments, I may as well not get up in the morning! Hope it gets better quick!
Yo girlfriend,
you need to add me to your friends list. You have the most creative friends list I've seen. You are sooo dang creative!
Oh that does suck! I'm so sorry! Maybe it's karma for living in Washington State- Microsoft/PC country and purchasing a Mac. I hope it gets fixed soon!
So you were in Boise huh? I wish I would have known...we could have hooked you up w/ some lunch. My parents were actually in Canada when you guys were there. Are you guys in Utah right now? We're heading to Disney World in a couple weeks. That's our last vacation for the summer!
Post a Comment