Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Anybody need some green frosting?



I love, love, love this kid. We celebrated his birthday with just our little family tonight, and it was by far the best 1st birthday party we've had. Jace made it so much fun just by being his cute little self.

I found a froggy 'critter cupcake' today at Wal-Mart. It was adorable, and the perfect size for him. After dinner, we opened presents (thank goodness we did that first), then had dessert. Unfortunately, Lincoln tried to help and ended up dumping little froggy on the floor. Fortunately, however, froggy was covered in about 5 inches of frosting, so there was still plenty for Jace to enjoy. The slide show says it all. It was hysterical.

I guess I don't have to see the new movie about the Incredible Hulk now--I've already created a baby version.

16 comments:

Heather said...

Sarah, he is so cute! I was laughing pretty hard! I thought you made the cake & was going to be VERY impressed! Such a fun age!
See ya friday if we are still on! :)

Crazy Herb Girl said...

You're right, those pics are priceless. What an adorable little boy! I wish we could get William and Jace together to see what they thought of each other. Has it already been a year? Time flies after the baby is born and you can walk, move, and hopefully sleep better!

Leah said...

Little Jace is absolutely adorable. I laughed at all the great shots. Happy birthday to the little green guy.

T.A.T.I Crew said...

I think the part I love the most is the contrast in precautions taken from Aubrey's first birthday to Jace's celebration.

I seem to remember an enormous drop cloth covering both high chair and any neighboring piece of furniture while Aubrey was adorned with bib and full rain gear.

But, no- Jace gets a simple bare booster seat and full reign to coat anything in throwing range with green goop.

I think I see a little favoritism.

Just kidding, Sarah.

You are a great mom, and I love the picture of the Phantom Mask o’ icing.

-Amy

Marie said...

Happy bday mr Jace!!! He is so super cute!!! Yup your right Claire was on the top!!! we are just moving to new hillside thats all!!!

Amanda said...

His cake was so adorable. I bet it took more time to decorate it than to destroy it. So fun! Party on.

Amber said...

wow Sarah- that is one green baby!! Happy 1st Bday to your lil man :)

Anonymous said...

Okay--that sequence of pictures was HYSTERICAL! By the end of it, it looked as if someone had thrown poor froggy into the blender! :)

Seruously, how smart of you to have picked that up at the bakery--who wants to spend all afternoon baking and decorating something that is only going to end up getting decimated by a toddler? Not me! And I agree-the small, intimate birthday parties are the best; that's why we don't invite friends over for big parties until our kids turn eight (just because baptism is just a big celebration for us). So much more fun when it is just us!

Anonymous said...

what a cute cake! jace really is a doll, he's always so well behaved when i see him. happy birthday!

Stacey B. said...

Nothing better than a messy kid on his first birthday. It's priceless and I'm glad you got lots of pictures! Jace is just the sweetest little guy. Happy Birthday!

Lisa said...

Jace is soooo cute. I love your blog..it is so creative. Check out our blog at htt://lisababe23.blogspot.com. Hope you guys are all doing well!
Lisa

Wilde ones said...

He is so cute. We have similar pictures of Luke and lots of icing, except when Luke rubbed icing into his eyes he did not like it, started crying and took a bath. Glad Jace held out longer.

Lisa said...

Jace is sooo cute. You have such a cute blog. I can't believe how big Aubrey is getting!
Lisa

April Cobb said...

Hillarious! What a winner he is!

Cathy said...

What a cutie! I've ahd fun catching up on your blog lately. I love your new haircuts! Aubrey always give me a good laugh. What a spitfire!

Lynn said...

That may be the best first bday cake experience I have ever seen. Yep, pretty sure it is.