Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, little Linc

The overly excited birthday boys. 

Sweet Lincoln turned 4 on December 23rd. This year was really fun. He is old enough to know it's his birthday and be excited about it, yet not quite old enough to know what a bummer it is to share his big day with Christmas. A friend of his has a birthday on December 22, so being the smart mommy that I am, we combined parties. 


I loved how careful Lincoln was about lining up his presents--each present went right behind the other one like a train. Cute kid.

Lincoln and Kai had a blast at Charlie's Safari with their buddies. They played, bounced, ate pizza and cupcakes, opened presents, and played some more. 

The party animals having a blast.

A few days later on his actual birthday, we had a family party at home. Lincoln was confused about two parties--he thought maybe he was turning 5, having already turned 4 at Charlie's Safari. Then he wondered why more people weren't coming over if it was his birthday. I had to repeatedly tell him about friend parties and family parties, but he still thinks he's going to be 7 soon. Ah well.

So to my sweet little four year old--here's what your mom loves most about you:

*I love your kindness. Out of the blue, you give Jace little kisses and snuggles. You also tell me several times a day, "Mommy, I yuv you," or "Mommy, you wuk bootiful." Melts my heart. 
*I love your energy and imagination. Sometimes you get a little crazy, but it's fun to watch you learn new things.
*I love your cautiousness. I love how you cover your eyes, but spread your fingers to peek out when something is scary (like the dragon in 'Sleeping Beauty').
*I love your snuggles. I may love hugs more during the day than I do when you sneak in my bed at night, but I always love it. 

Happy Birthday, my handsome little man. May you always be this enthusiastic with life!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

I love his enthusiasm and the unique way he says things. Happy Birthday little Linc!!

The cool family! said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINC!!!!!!

Barb said...

Ahhhh, Linc shares a birthday with another great man!