Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our smokin' FHE

The kids on American Lake at dusk

Recently we went out in the Washington Wild to make s'mores for Family Home Evening. While Gavin tended to the fire, the kids had fun playing on nearby playground equipment. We told ghost stories, talked about fire safety, made and ate our yummy treats, reminded the kids about fire safety (DON'T TOUCH--IT'S HOT!), and had a fun time. 

We can neither confirm nor deny the legality of open fires, so it's a good thing we were the only ones there. 


I'm not sure how it works exactly, but somehow having his tongue hang out helps maneuver the little creature he's riding.


She isn't as close to the flames as this pic makes it look . . . promise.

Gav is getting ready to scare the bejeebers out of the kids as he tells the story of the 'Man in the Woods.' See that grin on his face? 

3 comments:

Millers! said...

What a great FHE Activity... I have been wanting to do Smores with the kids, so pathetic they have never roasted over a fire yet. But atleast I have an idea to go to.. I just wont confirm or deny that I did anything either! :)

Alexis said...

I am glad this worked out! Looks like the kids had fun:) Good job!

Anonymous said...

You guys rock--what an awesome way to do family night!