
We were on our way to dinner Friday night. Gavin's dad and stepmom gave us a gift card to the Old Spaghetti Factory for Christmas, and there is one in Tacoma. The kids had never driven through Tacoma before, so they were enjoying the ports and bridges and new sights (especially since we missed the exit and took a particularly scenic route . . . ).
All of a sudden, Aubrey had another one of her over-the-top ideas. "I know what we can do! After dinner, let's drive up to Seattle and go under the bridge to see the TROLL!"
Whatever. I hear ideas and suggestions from her all day long, so I just passed it off as another "Twinkle" moment (if you've ever seen Higglytown Heroes, you know who I'm talking about). Gavin, however, wanted to know what in the world she was talking about.
When he asked, she replied emphatically and with a bit of signature attitude in her voice, "You know, the Seattle TROLL bridge." {DUH, Dad!}
We laughed pretty hard, then tried to explain what a TOLL is and how it helps pay for roads and bridges. She thought about it for a few seconds before responding, "That's rude for them to make you pay to see the troll."
So the next time you pay a toll, watch out for the trolls. And if you happen to see one, let us know.
2 comments:
Sarah there really is a Seattle TROLL bridge. It is in the Freemont neighborhood. You totally have to go now!
Ok so I got confused you have to pay a toll to get to the bridge where the troll is?
I hope you guys where not telling her that she was not right about the troll. if you were, check this out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremont_Troll
Damaris
Post a Comment