Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm Gonna be a Greek Goddess

School is almost out for summer. Aubrey only has 1 1/2 days left. Just like last year, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. On one hand, it will be nice not to battle her to get dressed and catch the bus each morning. But on the other hand, that just means she'll be home all day long for other battles. 

At least I have this to look forward to:


Gavin and I are going on a 10-day Mediterranean Cruise (WITH NO KIDS) in August. As it turns out, we depart from Rome exactly 10 years from our first date. How great is that? We'll spend a few days in Italy before and after, then return home just in time for school to start.

So when the going gets tough over the next two months, I'll smile knowing the 'tough' will soon be hanging out with Grandma while Gavin and I are crusin' the Med. 

13 comments:

Barb said...

I'm so excited for you. That's much like the cruise we took last year. So much walking/climbing, but every step was worth it. (I don't think there is very much flat land in that area)

Millers! said...

SO SO SO excited for you!!! I have always wanted to go to Greece, one place I regret not going to when living in Germany... I can always hope one day I will get there! cant wait to see all your pictures..

Zac-ShaunaFamily said...

Summer will fly by! Mine is already in full swing.

Wilde ones said...

I'm so jealous! I'm sure it'll be amazing. I expect to see lots of pics.

Heather said...

can i say h a t e you....i'm way too jealous, but so happy for you. {love, hate relationship we have;)}
i hear ya on the school thing!! atleast maybe we can see each other more??? :)unless more accidents happen! :)
so love all your updates! i need to go to that blastin tulip festival one of these years!!

xo,
h.

The Jones Family said...

How Fun Sarah!!

CatCrazy said...

Roma, oh how I miss it. I think I left my heart there! I am super green with envy! I hope you have a blast!

April Cobb said...

I totally HATE you. How on earth did you talk the parentals into that one? What a dream. Have fun and think of me. :( I wish we were coming along!

jbel said...

sounds like so much fun-
I will be waiting to see lots and lots of pics!

Stephanie Saunders said...

You lucky dog! That sounds so fun. Of course, I would agree that going down to the local gas station might be fun if there weren't young parasites in tow.

April said...

That's sweet! I hope you have a great time -- a well deserved opportunity for you two to share the benefit of your togetherness!

Fisher Family said...

awesome...I've talked to 4 people who have just gone on that same or similar cruise over there. Ok I'm telling Darryl I want to go next. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin and Kristen said...

That sounds like soooo much fun! And Kevin says, "wow". I think that means he is a little jealous, Sarah. Yes, my parents said that they met Gavin at the hotel pool. It really is a small world!