Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary, my love



Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. It's only fitting that I'm posting at 1 AM since I'm sure I was awake at this very hour 8 years ago--anticipating the big day. So how do I love thee? Let me count the ways . . .
1--I love Gavin because he helps me to be a better person. In his quiet and unassuming way, he encourages, lifts, and strengthens me. Even when I think I have it all under control (which is most of the time), I know I couldn't do it without him.
2--I love Gavin because he adores our kids. Nobody can play 'Buzz and daddy Buzz' with Lincoln, or do the phonics game with Aubrey, or snuggle sweet baby Jace as good as Gavin does. He is a good daddy, and our kids will remember his precious gift of love.
3--I love Gavin because he loves the Lord. Plain and simple. He has an unwavering testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. His desire to follow the Savior and lead our family in righteousness is undeniable.
4--I love Gavin because he knows what he wants in life. On our very first date, he had a plan to be right where he is now . He has made it, and he will continue to realize his dreams.
5--Speaking of dreams, I love Gavin because I am living the dream I dreamed as a kid. All because of him.
Thank you, my love--Happy Anniversary!

Not bad for 8 years, right?

10 comments:

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

Sarah, How on earth does your blog look so fantastic from the get-go? I've been trying to figure these things out for a while now and mine doesn't look anywhere near as good. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Thanks for keeping us updated.

You guys look awesome--8 years have been great to you both!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, Loved reading about what's going on. I've thought about a blog, but I'm afraid I might write something bad about my in-laws and they'd read it....maybe I should think about that...been missing DuPont and I miss it more reading about the Daddy daughter dance. I really liked DuPont when I was there, but I appreciate it a lot more now. I'm gonna post this anon, but I think you know who it's from :-) Is Jace crawling yet? William is just getting onto his knees. Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! 8 years and 3 kids....whew you guys are amazing! It is so fun seeing updates of your family. Your kids are adorable, it's hard to think the last time we saw you Lincoln was just a little baby. Love, Shelley

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're not the last kid picked... I STILL don't have a blog! Love yours though! LOVE seeing the kiddos, and you and Gavin look the same, eight years later!!! Happy anniversary!!!

Love you bunches girl! I swear that you still look like that silly college girl I met years and years ago! :o) Good times, good times! ;o)

Heather said...

Yeah!!! Now another great friend to add to the list!!! Happy 8th anniversary!!

love ya
lets get together next week!!!

April said...

ooh, Sarah, you extra clever gal! Love the blog and happy anniversary. How time flies! You look as excellent now as you did the day you got married! How is the mom of 3 life?

April Cobb said...

That is so sweet, Sarah. I love that picture at the top. I have never seen it before. You hotty!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. I am so glad you found my blog. It is so fun to see how everyone is doing. You look great and your kids are so big.

Lynn said...

LOVE the vests!

Becca said...

Sarah,
I love your blog! You are inspiring me to get a move on my own.I also love your "how do I love thee.." Your family is so awesome!