
Pretty impressive, huh? (Click to see in more detail.)
A friend of ours recently came home after 16 months in Iraq. For a welcome home present, we offered to give him and his wife a date night and babysit their two girls. They finally took us up on our offer a few weeks ago. It was the same day as Olympia's annual Sand in the City Festival, which I thought was perfect. Free entertainment for the kids, fun little outing for me and Gav--what could be better?
I handle three kids by myself all the time, so five kids with two adults would be a piece of cake--right? The weather was gorgeous, there were plenty of activities, and it would be so fun. Gav thought I was losing my mind, but I knew better. Thankfully, he decided against his better judgment to go along with my grand plan.

And fun it was. The sand sculptures were amazing, the hands-on activities were great, and the cute little performances were entertaining. By the time we were done, our friends were home from their date and all the little kiddos were tuckered out and ready for bed. I call that a success.

This sculpture by a local animal hospital was our favorite overall. The kids giggled at the cat giving the dog a 'bum shot', while Gav & I liked the dog X-ray.
The Shrek scene was another fave (of course)
3 comments:
Looks like fun! Good luck on your race and your talk. I know you will do great on both. Wish we could be there to hear you.
I didn't even knwo they did this. How awesome. Well have to go next year. It has always amazed me what people can carve out of sand. I always feel like my own sand castles are so not cool after going to things like this.
Wow- that is so fun!!!!
Post a Comment