Thursday, August 28, 2008

First day of school

My little first grader waiting to catch the bus

This is what Aubrey had to say about her first day of 1st grade:

"Mitchell is one of my new friends. He sits at my table. My teacher is Ms. Howe. She is a nice teacher. I like her, and I wish I could learn more about everything. I did a book today about who is my new friend--you know who that is already. I had a fun time. I liked lunch except my Hannah Montana bottle leaked on my sandwich and squished it. I rided home with Cora on the bus and guess what? She is with my same kindergarten teacher--Ms. Sabado. Cora had a fun time, it was her first day on the bus. She saw that it was time to go to the bus. I was wondering where Cora was. A lifeguard handed her to another lifeguard to get on bus 12. I saw the lifeguard and I went up and told her and the lifeguard said, "Alright, do you want to sit by her?" I sitted by her. My friend Noelle cried. I don't know why. Just because I didn't sit by her. Don't be a crybaby, Noelle. I had a really fun time. I can't wait until tomorrow."

And there you have it, folks. The first day of school is all about friends, lunch, and the bus ride home--with just a sprinkle of drama. (If you didn't already guess, the 'lifeguards' are the bus drivers--I guess they are lifeguards in a way . . . )

Not to be outdone by his big sis, Lincoln insisted on having his picture taken too. I'm not quite sure what Jace is looking at--the bus leaving, maybe? He sure is cute.

10 comments:

Heather said...

the funny thing is i can hear Aubree in my head saying it all!! :)
she goes a 100 miles per hour how on earth did you catch all that~
i think i maybe got some tickets for the BYU game & then Nate came in & asked if i wanted to go to the Phantom of the Opera instead....{WHAT} football v.s. the opera... i think he is little tired tonight what do you think???? :)

Jennifer said...

I laughed the whole time aboutthe lifeguards...

T.A.T.I Crew said...

Heya Sis.

Love the posts. I think my favorite was your response to Aubrey after she asked why YOU were so excited about her going to school.

Classic.

Happy Birthday today.

We love you.

Amber said...

Yay for a great first day! Miranda started Kindergarten this week as well- crazy :)

April Cobb said...

Aubrey sounds like Junie B. Jones. you should start reading that series to her. She will totally identify. Hilarious girl!

Grandma said...

I loved the pics! Jace is getting braver. The back to school party sounds like a blast. You do such clever things. I hope you had a great birthday!!

Anonymous said...

I like the Aubrey comment--what a fun way to blog with your kids (and start their journals as a result!)

That baby of yours is just scrumptious, by the way. I love how Lincoln is gripping his arm . . could it be that big brother has learned to keep baby brother out of the street?

Alexis said...

I am so glad the first day went well. She looks so cute and is so stinking funny:) Sorry to miss your birthday hope it was great!

Tami said...

That's great she's talking so much. I have to pry small tidbits out of Porter every day. I love the lifegaurd part.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny about the lifeguard. Kids are so funny! It was so great to see you. I hope we can do it again soon.