Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Protect our Children

I didn't actually see this Oprah show yesterday, but I've heard enough about it to know that it would have sickened me. 

The only way to combat the evil in our world is to make our voices heard. I just did this, and it took less than 5 minutes. I used the form letter on Oprah's page, copied and pasted it on the web form to both senators in Washington, and voila--done. 

I feel strongly about this issue, I hope you do too.

8 comments:

AJ said...

Hi Sarah -

Thanks so much for posting this. I just e-mailed my senators and will pass along this information. By the way, how did the 1/2 mary go?

AJ

Anonymous said...

You know being a new mom is hard enough wanting to just protect your baby. I saw the show and now... I cant, their are no word to describe what I saw. Everyone need to go to Oprah's sight it really one takes a few min.

Jennifer said...

No way, I was just talking to my Mom about this today. Thanks for the link!

Lynn said...

Ben's mom was telling me about this show and how she kept trying to turn it off but couldn't and was encouraging us to go to the site. She is also trying to figure out how to do more - I told her to count me in on the fight! Scary and utterly disturbing.

T.A.T.I Crew said...

Amen. Amen. Amen.

This show shook me to the core, and made me litterally sick to my stomach. Really, I couldn't sleep that night.

But it motivated me to do actually take action.

I hope we can get the funding needed to track down these offenders and save the young victims.

My friend also passed on some information to me about another bill that will help: Protecting Children from Pornography and Internet Exploitation Act of 2008.

You might want to check it out.

Amanda said...

Wow! I didn't see it, but I am glad you put this on your blog.

And congrats on the marathon day. Can you believe how much your body can take in one day? I think you deserve a box of snickers.

Heather said...

I'm back!!!! :)
Way to go on the marathon... ummm i didn't even know you did this??
tell your BBF next time!! :)
Thanks for the flowers... i just love ya

xo

Lindsay said...

I found your blog through Jen Wilde's blog.
And I have to say, you are the first other mom out there that I've heard be as enraged and action driven from watching that Oprah show.
Thanks for posting your thoughts. Although I think the bill failed to even be brought up (stinkin' financial woos taking up the extra time!), but I think it brought knowledge to the massess that needs to be talked about.