Just because the Reese's cups and Hershey's kisses are wrapped in harvest-colored foil and look so pretty, it doesn't mean I'm going to simply look at them and not be tempted to eat them.
Just because the York patties are shaped like pumpkins and the center is dyed orange, it doesn't mean they're any better for me. Of course York is one of the least-fattening and therefore best candies out there, but not with the amount I can throw down. Orange, white, or plaid--I just need to leave them alone.
Just because the M&Ms are orange & black now and so festive, it doesn't mean I have to buy them. Next month they'll be red & green, then red & pink, then red, white, & blue (am I forgetting anything?). And they all taste the same anyway. Which is delish, but that's not the point . . .
Just because I have super cute Halloween decor for my buffet table which looks even cuter filled with all these Autumn treats (love the tin jack-o-lantern with the wrapper colors peeking through--LOVE it!), it doesn't mean the candy is going to stay in there looking cute. Of course not!! I'm going to tell the kids to quit eating it, then I'm going to eat it myself.
Really, when am I going to learn? Sigh. It isn't even October 1st. How is my sweet tooth going to make it sensibly another 31 days?!?
Here and now--I'm making a pledge. Are you ready? I've done this before, so I know I can do it again.
{Deep breath}
I'm quitting sugar. Oh, yes. As of right now, I'm done. No refined sugar for 30 days. If I'm good, I can eat candy ONLY ON HALLOWEEN.
So there it is--in writing for all of blogosphere to see. Now I really have to do it.

19 comments:
My halloween candy never makes it to halloween. The neighborhood kids come knockin' and I'm like "sorry, we're fresh out!" The worst is that in Nov., I steal my kids' halloween candy out of their trick or treat bags. They'll ask who ate all their candy and I always blame it on Jon. I'm gonna have to think of a better excuse this year!
I feel your pain! We just had a parade and the kids brought home almost 2 #10 cans full of candy. I think I ate a can's worth...sigh... You forgot Easter with the M&M's, the pastel colors...
Crazy girl, if I did that it would make me want to eat it more. You have more will power than I do. I am impressed! When is that baby sister coming? I think Lincoln knows something you don't.
I am so sorry for you. A month without sugar. Are you crazy!!! How will you possibly make through the next 30 days? I will be totally jealous of you the pounds you will undoubtably loose though. Best of luck.
PS my bread sticks were yum!!! THX
Okay so I am NOT giving up sugar again, but I am with you on the being good....want to bet for 10lbs. in October? Let's think of a good reward either way for the winner and see who can lose 10 in October...anyone else in?? Good for you, having that delicious table setting as a constant temptation...You go girl!!
Good luck sista...... you are braver than me! I say go eat a blastin M&M!!! Sorry for the temptation! :)
Are you crazy?!!! Thirty days?!!! Yeah, try not breathing too.
I just don't buy the candy until the last week of October. Wait a second...I went to Target today and brought home...hey, who put that in my cart?
Sarah - You are a very brave woman! I totally applaud your very public goal and will be checking in to see how it's going! You totally rock!
I got a little behind on the bloggs this last couple of weeks.
I admire your stand on sugar and if anyone can do it it's you!!
The babies are so fun. They still curl their little legs up so it's like holding a tiny ball. I love the soft baby noises they make!!
You go, Lincoln!!!!!
IM IN! Your post was funnier the second time reading it... I am still laughing... you, me and Alexis are always at the gym anyway... lets just make a go at it!
I'm with you on this one! Eating chocolate has been my favorite stress reliever since Scott has been gone. Now, instead, I will go do those 125 crunches. (yeah, right!)
Thanks for keeping it real. You crack me up. I enjoy your blog.
I hear ya w/ the cute candy holiday decor. Dang those candy companies making it so visually appealing. You know, now you can go get the candy you can't stand..that will make it easier to resist. I'm up to 75 sit ups. Better go do some more cause i'm craving something sweet to eat.
You can do it, SARAH. I hear (only hear about it as I've never done it) that after the first week, it's easy...let us know, eh?
I went without for a month and lost about 5 lbs! I want to do it again but the determination isn't there! It is a huge stress reliever...and since I'm stressed...:)
I have the same problem. I always buy candy because Joseph's mom always had it growing up, and I say it's for him (I think he believes it too). We've done some things with the Langfords-Porter and thier son Derick play together. Keep sending fun people our way. We did go back to MD for the weekend. Joseph interviewd for PM&R again...another few months of waiting to see if he gets it or is shipped off somewhere.
you're also forgetting the pastel m&m's fro easter...but really does it matter?
i do the exact same thing. i buy these chocolate eyeball candies ever year around hallloween and i usually end up eating them all myself before halloween ever gets here. yeah i'm not ready to quit though:)
that is a terrible idea.
How funny that I blogged about pretty much the same exact thing. We are soul sisters. I'll never forget our chocolate fast and then our break-the-fast in Hershey Pennsylvania of all places. Funny.
Post a Comment