Friday, May 30, 2008

Charlie's Safari

This is a shout-out for the new Charlie's Safari Family Fun Center in Lacey. I heard about it through friends, then took the kids last night when Gavin was on call. Right now (until Saturday), they have a 2-for-1 deal, but you have to ask for it. I bought the $8 wristband, and my kids played hard for two hours. If you can't make it by the weekend, check their website as they may offer other specials. 


They have several bounce houses, a smaller playground for tots, and a GIGANTIC climbing/sliding structure. Even my friend's 9-year-old had fun. There is also miniature golf, laser tag, an arcade, and a snack bar. It is clean and well-decorated. The owner thought of everything to include a 'kid free zone'--a windowed room in the middle of it all with wi-fi where parents can hang out and still watch their kids.

I tried to find a newspaper article online with pics, but all I could find was this article about the owner. He sounds like a good guy with a lot of integrity, which is another reason to support his business. We will be back for sure.

3 comments:

The Jones Family said...

OOOOOO....how fun!! Thanks for posting. We'll have to check it out soon. Maybe tomorrow if I can pull myself together!! :)

Fisher Family said...

We just heard about this too. Can't wait to try it when Darryl gets back. That sounds so good to say. Not that I don't want to go alone w. the girls but I'm ready for a tag team. Thanks for the website too.

Honeycombs said...

Thanks for the info. we are excited to check it out, but we are still keeping our fingers crossed for some serious sun and outdoor fun this summer.