It is so so fun to go shopping with Aubrey. She is my little fashionista. When she was about 3 1/2, she started to want to dress herself. I'm all about my children learning to be more independent, but I had to draw the line when she wanted jeans and a pink shirt every single day. We started to take turns--one day she would pick, then the next day was my turn--so the pink ensemble was only every other day. That worked out pretty well. Now she has learned enough that I can trust her judgment (more or less), especially if I am aware of what goes into her closet in the first place.
So last week we went school shopping. Too bad I didn't have my camera in the dressing room, but I'm sure I would have raised a few eyebrows laughing and taking pics in there. Aubrey seriously strikes a pose as soon as she sees the mirror. Every clothes-changing move is exaggerated, with facial expressions to boot. Hilarious to me, but she isn't laughing--she's drop dead serious, which only makes it more funny. These pics are pretty mild, but they still crack me up.
I love that my daughter is getting to the age where things are fun. And with her eye for fashion (thank you, Hannah Montana), she can help me get in the groove too. Maybe pretty soon it will be her picking out what I should wear.
4 comments:
too bad we can't have her body either!!!!
Marlee is my fashion police. Yesturday she said mom, really you have worn that shirt like 3 days in a row... get some new clothes!! :) Oh the love of a 5 year old!!!!!!
I love that second picture of Aubrey! I can just see her at a photo shoot. I knew her when....
That is hilarious! Her facial expressions are too funny. Got to love little girls.
haha! Miranda does pick out my clothes for me sometimes :) she says umm... mom you should wear this shirt instead and can I pick out your shoes??? Girls are so fun!
Post a Comment