Monday, May 12, 2008

Who needs the Tulip Festival?

Once again, we failed to make it to the Skagit County Tulip Festival this year. We'll be in Washington for at least another 3 years, so I'm not entirely disappointed. It would have been fun though. Several of my friends have gone, and their pictures are incredible. 

Just when I was scheming to find another tulip field nearby or something else to satisfy my craving for gorgeous flowers, someone dropped these off on my front porch. No card (yet again--see my banana bread post), just a jaw-dropping bunch of fresh tulips wrapped in green tissue paper with a type-written note explaining their care. 

Did you know tulips live longer with cold water? I didn't, but I do now (it was in the note). Every morning, I put a few ice cubes in the vase, and they did great. 

So whoever you are, thanks. The tulips found a home on the kitchen island, and were the first thing I saw each morning. I thought of you and your kindness. I even shared one with Aubrey's teacher on the flower day of staff appreciation week. Your flowers were the gift that kept on giving. 

6 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, you are loved! I need to move to your neighborhood!
I'm home!! I had a time of my life & now reality sucks..
I missed reading your posts!! You make me smile.. The one with Aubrey is priceless! :)

Grandma said...

The flowers are gorgeous. What a kind, and thoughtful gift.

Crazy Herb Girl said...

If I still lived there would I get tulips and banana bread, too?

Anonymous said...

great flowers! we didn't make it to the tulip festival either, maybe next year.

ps. i like your sound track.

T.A.T.I Crew said...

You caught me. Once again, I, your loving brother, am the anonymous gift giver.

Feel free to repay at any time.

Anonymous said...

HUMMM...